2020 JA Global Youth Forum RFP
Are you eager to host the second JA Global Youth Forum and the first global gathering of JA Company of the Year winners? We’re inviting your JA country to submit its best application by September 3, 2019.
JA Global Youth Forum 2020 will bring together young people (ages 16–21) from around the world to meet and learn from world-class keynote speakers, alumni panels, entrepreneurship workshops, business competitions, recreational activities, team-building activities, and more. The purpose of the forum is to inspire and empower participants to prepare for the future.
For 2020, we’re excited to announce that we’ll also introduce an activity track to bring together winners of JA Company of the Year competitions from every region of the world to complete for the top three entrepreneur-of-the year winners. JA Worldwide will take the lead in designing this competition and work hand-in-hand with you to execute.
Also keep in mind that the forum can wrap around an existing event. For example, JA Global Youth Forum 2018 wrapped around the JA Mexico event FIE, which has been running in Mexico for over 30 years. We were able to leverage FIE’s successful history, while adding global elements, to create a unique and enriching experience for youth. What existing event can you grow into the JA Global Youth Forum?
Read the following RFP (or download a PDF—add hyperlink!) for details about this opportunity to host the second JA Global Youth Forum and be the host of the first global entrepreneurship competition among JA Company of the Year winners. Submit your application further below by September 3, 2019.
Note: Does 2020 seem too soon for your JA member country? You’re welcome to fill out the application and check the “2022” box.
Identify the ideal location for the next biennial JA Global Youth Forum in 2020, following the successful inaugural event in Mexico in 2018. JA Worldwide invites all interested countries to submit an application by September 3, 2019, for consideration. We anticipate announcing the location of the JA Global Youth Forum 2020 by September 30, 2019.
+ Purpose of the JA Global Youth Forum
JA Global Youth Forum brings together young people (ideally, ages 16–21) from around the world to provide access to world-class keynote speakers, alumni panels, entrepreneurship workshops, business competitions, recreational activities, team-building activities, and more. The program inspires and empowers participants to prepare them for the future.
If desired, the JA Global Youth Forum can wrap around a JA member’s existing event. For example, JA Global Youth Forum 2018 wrapped around the JA Mexico event FIE, which has been running in Mexico for over 30 years. We were able to leverage this event’s successful history, while adding global elements, to create a unique and enriching experience for youth.
Additionally, in 2020, we will introduce an activity track to bring together winners of JA Company of the Year competitions from every region of the world (specifically, we expect that each of JA’s six regions will send five to ten JA Company of the Year competition winners from the past three years) to engage in a competition that allow us to award the top three entrepreneur-of-the year winners. JA Worldwide will take the lead in designing this competition and work hand-in-hand with the selected site for execution. This RFP provides a unique opportunity to be the host of the first global competition among JA Company of the Year winners.
There are a number of benefits to consider in applying to host the event.
- Event sponsorship can be secured at the local level, positioning the event as a significant fundraising opportunity for the local market.
- JA Worldwide and the regional operating center can also position this event as a fundraising asset.
- This event allows the member country to establish and/or grow local relationships.
- The JA Global Youth Forum can serve as an opportunity to launch alumni campaigns in the local area.
- Participation can serve to open doors to new donor, volunteer, school, or community partnerships.
- In 2018, this global event brought excitement, fun, and pride to staff and board members who served as hosts for colleagues from around the world, showcasing the city and country.
PR and Awareness
- The JA Global Youth Forum draws students from all over the world, making it an excellent story to attract media coverage.
- Media can be utilized to spotlight activities of the local market and in related outreach activities designed to secure greater interest in involvement with JA.
- The site hose earns visibility and distinction, as promoted in all collateral.
- The event offers JA Worldwide leadership direct exposure to the member country’s accomplishments and activities.
- JA Global Youth Forum offers networking opportunity with JA associates throughout the region and world.
To maintain the integrity of the JA Global Youth Forum, JA members applying for consideration must agree to the following. Sponsoring companies may add additional requirements.
- If selected, members must agree to appoint a representative to work under the direction of JA Worldwide and the JA regional operating center staff to implement the event.
- JA USA local areas must have received a Summit Award for the most recent year, or any two of the most recent three years. Member countries must be members in good standing.
- The member country or local area president/CEO/executive director and 50 youth from the host area must participate in the event.
+ Selection Process
Applications must be submitted by the deadline to JA Worldwide. A screening team will review applications and select those that best meet the requirements for consideration. The screening team will consist of JA associates and may include community members and other external members, as appropriate. Upon final selection, the JA Worldwide will notify the selected member country or local area and make a global announcement of the selection.
+ RFP Timeline
The RFP timeline is as follows:
- RFP announced: July 22, 2019
- Applications due to JA Worldwide: September 6, 2019
- Selection announced: September 27, 2019
+ Event Timeline
The event must take place between July 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020, but ideally between July 1, 2020, and August 31, 2020.
+ Application Process
To submit your application for the 2020 or 2022 JA Global Youth Forum, complete the form below.