March 9, 2018
tGELF/JA Asia Pacific Fellowship Announced
An opportunity to impact 100 million students by 2020
The Global Education and Leadership Foundation (tGELF) and JA (Junior Achievement) Asia Pacific have recently created a partnership to integrate programs focused on ethical, altruistic leadership, and entrepreneurship among young people globally.
For this fellowship to reach its full potential, we are looking for a passionate, committed fellow to oversee and facilitate various elements of our joint programme, as well as to play a supporting role in expanding the reach of tGELF’s curriculum, with the goal of reaching 100 million students by 2020. In this new phase of our activities in India, the successful candidate will lead the way with a new, innovative movement that trains the next generation to become leaders who are ethical, action-oriented, and able to succeed in the global economy.
The orientation to the position will be in collaboration with the tGELF and JA Asia Pacific team to ensure a complete onboarding session, including materials that will be shared prior to the candidate’s arrival for his or her reading, as well sessions with team members to introduce the program, expectations, and company policies during arrival week to New Delhi.
After the two-year fellowship and evaluation, the candidate will have the opportunity to join the organization as a full-time staff member.
Integrating the JA curriculum on financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, with the tGELF curriculum on ethical leadership:
● Strategizing and facilitating the implementation of the joint program across India, as well as expansion across Asia and globally
● Liaising with different parties working within the partnership, including tGELF Special Projects Team, JA Asia Pacific, JA Worldwide, and external supporters
● Driving all collaborative efforts to an agreed plan of action and milestones
● Coordinating communication and fundraising efforts for the joint program
● Assessing impact and reach by regularly submitting evaluatory reports
● Supporting the tGELF Head of Curricular Expansion & Digitization in efforts to improve, grow, and digitize curricular programming
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the field of education or business
● Working knowledge of the education sector
● Working knowledge of the business and entrepreneurship sectors
● Working knowledge of fundraising and on-the--ground implementation in the education sector
● Passion for educating and empowering young people to lead the change they wish to see in the world
● Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to operate and execute
● Ambitious “macro” mindset, but also an eye for detail
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to independently lead and manage large-scale projects
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment in a flexible and energetic way
Preference will be given to applicants with:
● Experience working with young people (teaching, NGO work, etc.)
● Experience working with teachers and/or school administrators
● Fundraising experience
● A master’s degree or higher
Remuneration: To be negotiated, based on experience
Location: Gurgaon, India (relocation support will be provided for fellows from outside of India for the first year)
Start Date: May 2018
How to Apply: Interested parties should send detailed resume to [email protected]
About The Global Education & Leadership Foundation
The Global Education & Leadership Foundation (tGELF) works towards preparing the next generation of leaders to be able to act as ethical global citizens in the face of daunting challenges that will be thrown open to them tomorrow. tGELF is passionate about helping identify young leaders with strong values and then supporting them to develop to their full potential. As we continue to reach young people globally, our goal is to scale from 3 million students to 100 million students by 2020 through our curriculum and create a high impact and velocity in the leadership space.
About JA (Junior Achievement) Asia Pacific
JA Asia Pacific is the Regional Operating Center of JA Worldwide for the Asia Pacific region. Home to 60 percent of the world’s youth, JA Asia Pacific is dedicated to enabling and empowering the youth to benefit from the region’s economic development and to create a positive impact in their lives and communities. The 17-member JA Asia Pacific network is powered by over 30,000 volunteers and mentors from all sectors of society, reaching more than 825,000 students across the region.
As one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs, JA Worldwide activates youth for the future of jobs. Through the delivery of cutting-edge, experiential learning in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, we create pathways for employability and job creation. Each year, our network of over 470,000 volunteers serves more than 10 million students in over 100 countries.