May 8, 2017
Open Position in Boston, MA: Executive Assistant
Our small staff has an opening for an Executive Assistant at our Boston, MA, office, If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by Monday, May 22 to [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as a key team member of and active participant in growing our global organization that serves more than 10 million young people worldwide.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the CEO and other senior executives, including travel arrangements (both domestic and international, including obtaining visas, as required), meeting preparation, correspondence, calendar maintenance, and file management.
S/he has primary communication responsibilities with the JA Worldwide Board of Governors, including managing board-meeting hotel and site logistics and maintaining (and continuously improving) a database relating to board members and their participation. S/he will prepare for, coordinate, and follow-up after each board meeting, and will schedule and facilitate planning and preparation meetings among the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), among senior managers who have board-liaison responsibilities, and among board-committee members.
S/he serves as liaison to the SLT by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, capturing meeting notes, and following up, as appropriate.
Additional duties include coordinating approval and payment for invoices, handling basic human-resource functions, drafting correspondence as requested by the CEO, responding to email inquiries on the CEO's behalf, and performing other duties, as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience
- Three to five years administrative experience at the executive level
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in fast-paced nonprofit office environment, managing increasing demand with limited resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; proficiency with Adobe Acrobat strongly preferred
- Travel, both domestic and international (10%)
- High energy and passion for JA Worldwide’s mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy
Location: This role is based at JA Worldwide headquarters in Boston, MA.